February Favs, Rage, and Craves
It’s that time again! Wait, not -THAT- time. Unless the legend is true that ladies really do sync together, lol! I’m talking about my version of monthly favorites. February was a crazy busy month for me, where over half of it I was out of my home and living out of a suitcase. I’m STILL living out of said suitcase (because I’m traveling, silly!), so the products that ended up in my Favs are ones I’m kinda relying on.
I know, the impressive carpet BG is blowing your mind. I try, I try.
- Tarte beMATTEnificent palette– Tarte came out with this limited edition palette that’s full of only matte products! With a blush, 6 eye shadows, and 2 colors I would consider as liner make this perfectly portable compact a no-brainer in my newbie makeup collection. Plus, with the recent fails I’ve experience with other eye shadow palettes, I can confidently say that this one went above and beyond my expectations. <3<3<3
- Zuii Organic Flora Blush in Melon– When I first started watching Youtube videos and researching cruelty free products, I wandered to a Youtuber’s page (sadly I don’t remember who she is now, I wish I could give her a shout out here! T-T) and listened to her go on about this blush. Organic and made from crushed flower petals, it just sounded soo luxurious! Lucky for me a store in Hong Kong was selling this line, and I was able to play around with swatches. Melon came out on top, being the most fool-proof color in the line. There’s just something about this color that’s absolute perfection! I would highly recommend this if you want to look radiant and healthy, a perfect addition for those “no make-up” look days.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer in 52– I’m already head-over-heels for the foundation, so it just seemed to make sense to give the concealer a whirl, and this guy did not disappoint. The shade seems to match me perfectly, and I love using this over my foundation for any imperfections, or just on it’s own for doing spot-treatments on easy-going days. (8/14 update: Bourjois is not cruelty free)
- Esse ‘Deep Moisture’ cream– Now that I’m back in the US, I tried prepping my skincare line with the most moisturizing products I have in my arsenal. Of all my lotions and creams, this easily wins as the heaviest/thickest/most moisturizing, and I love it! I mentioned the sample I tried in my latest Empties video, which led me to buying the full sized jar. This is a SPF free cream that I use only at night because it’s soo thick and rich. The ingredients are great, the scent is earthy and fresh, and I just feel like my nighttime routine is complete after I slap this on my face.
- Now Solutions Rose Hip Seed Oil– Another product I packed just to prepare myself for the rougher temps is this oil. This product helps cover ALL the bases: leave in oil for my hair if it’s feeling dry along the tips, cuticle oil, and face moisturizer AND cleanser. My skin seems to like this better on my skin than argan oil, so it’s definitely worth a trial if you find argan oil too rich for you.
- Sam & Libby’s Heidi Two-Piece Flats– Oh yeah, I went there. A non-beauty product, muhahaha! I’ve been on the hunt for flats like these for quite some time, and I’ve always come out empty handed. I should of figured Target would come to the rescue! These flats are soo sleek, with the textured front-piece to the metal detail above the heel. Plus, these are a size 10 y’all. AND I’M A SIZE 11. How in the world did this happen?!?! Seriously, I’m still kind of freaking out about this, never have I been able to fit into a size 10 shoe. I only tried these on because I noticed the line only went up to 10, and I was just trying it on for the heck of it. I’m soo happy I entertained the idea, because these are now my favorite shoes in my closet. Even at a size down from my norm, they are insanely comfortable, and fit on my feet securely. I love the look of these with black tights on, just perfection!
Next up, my ‘rage’ topic: Shoes with no traction. Seriously, WHY do shoe-makers come up with products like this? These are my most favorite FAVORITE FAVORITE boots, but I can’t even count how many times I’ve fallen down while wearing them. Either from snow or wet floors, these guys don’t care about my well-benefit, just that they pull of the look and comfort I want. Seriously- what’s the boon of a shoe with no traction? I can see the purpose of it for dancers, but for just the average joe, what’s the deal with that? Please, if you know, leave it down in the comments, because I’m just stumped! I’m soo torn on whether I should finally let this pair R.I.P., or if I should bite the bullet and take them in to a cobbler and see what they can do. What do you guys think?
Onto the Craves!
Yes, a majority of my Craves list looks pretty familiar, as they’re from last month’s list. I actually didn’t get to purchase any of them in February, mainly because I’ve been traveling soo much and I can’t afford to add any more bulk to my suitcases. Rest assured, this month I’ll be settled in my new home -very- soon, and I’ll be able to start adding to my beauty collection again. Plus, March is my birthday month, woohoo! If you want to read my description of last month’s items, check out the blog post here. As for this month:
- Urban Decay’s Naked 2 Palette– This must seem a little weird, right? The Naked 3 palette just came out, isn’t that one more appealing? Yes, the colors in ALL the palettes are really fantastic, but the N2 wins for colors I really gravitate towards along with having a broader range. As much as I love pink, I won’t touch the N3 until I finish my non-cruelty free eye shadow duo from Clinique. No need to horde all the same kinda colors!
- Deborah Lippman’s Cleopatra in New York– I’ve been eyeing this nail polish for quite some time, and I can’t imagine a more bangin’ badass color to rock out on my birthday. What better day to treat yo’self, right?
Whew! These monthly round-up posts are quite a task, but I like having everything soo neatly organized. Thanks for stickin’ with it till the end, here’s another gif, just for you! ❤
Weren’t the Oscars soo fun last night?!?!?! I never had soo much fun watching them before, I think I may try to tune in every year now 😀 Hope you all are well, take care! ~Puri