The Liebster Award
I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award, and I feel like such a jerk. I’ve actually been nominated for this award by Jasmin from Jasmine Charlotte earlier this month, Brianna from Cruelty Free Me back in March, along with Jane from CleanFourteen back in FEBRUARY! What is wrong with me!? *sigh* The only thing I have in my defense is this was all around the time things were getting ready to move from HK to the US. But still… this has been a long time coming, hasn’t it? In short, this is a tag post for fellow bloggers, and also a sign of recognition that someone really appreciated your blog! The internet tells me that this award was originally created by a German blogger back in 2010, and ‘liebster’ translates into “dearest”, how sweet! Since I am three times blessed, I’m going to try and answer ALL of their questions! Then at the end, I’m gonna tag some people and add questions of my own!
The rules (there are many variations, but I’ll go with these):
- Link back to the person who nominated you (** which I did above!)
- Write 11 random bits about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you
- Pick 5-11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions
- Don’t nominate the person who nominated you, silly!
- Let the people you nominate know they have been nominated
11 random facts about me!
- I’m a Pisces
- My favorite Pokemon is a tie between Vaporeon and Luxray
- I have a bad habit of buying a nice dress, and only wearing it once for that specific memory. This is a bad habit I’m REALLY trying to break!
- I wish I could take singing lessons. I don’t even think I’m that good, but I love love LOVE to sing!
- I used to do Zumba a lot, a fantastic form of exercise.
- I never really wore shorts comfortably until I lived in HK, because I wore them out of necessity!
- I have a large mole on my left shoulder. I thought it was a birthmark, but it’s been there ever since I could remember.
- I cry at cute things. Seriously. Try me. It better be darn cute though.
- Orange soda is the best, hands down. Vanilla Coke is a close second though.
- I’d much rather swim in a pool than in the ocean or sea, because I don’t like stepping in sand/seeweed/OTHER things *shudders*
- I used to be so shy that I’d tremble when I had to go buy things at the register.
First questions are from Jasmin:
- Where would your ideal holiday be? A place where public transportation is convenient, there are lots of tourist attractions that have a good variety of history and architecture, and wherever I’m staying has a quiet place and a HUGE bed. Seriously, king beds + Puri = still not enough room but I’ll make due
- What TV show can you never watch too much of? Hmmmm…Modern Family, Saturday Night Live, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
- If money was never an issue, what would your ideal job be? Oh man, well my nerdy side says Translator for Anime or Manga, but I’d also love to work full-time as a cruelty free beauty blogger.
- Why did you begin blogging? October 9, 2013
- Explain the name of your blog? Biddies is a term we use for our cats. It’s like a word transformation…Cat->Kitty->Biddy. Then 2 B’s sounded good together, and my friend suggested Blushing. Plus, it makes for something adorable to draw, hehe! Yeup, drew the banner and all the ‘biddies’ myself. You’ll get a better idea of what I’m talking about if you check out my YouTube page 😉
- Top three all time make up products? Nars eyeshadow in Ondine, Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, and any Lipstick Queen lipstick. Seriously guys, Poppy King is kinda da bomb.
- Do you want to get married? If so, where? Been there, done that! I got married September 23rd, 2012 in Chicago ❤
- What is your favorite sea creature? Otter! OMGSOADORBSIJUSTCANTBBWWAAAAAAA
- What is your top phone app? Probably Twitter- which is hilarious because I was fighting the thought of ever using it since forever ago, LOL.
- Where is your favorite place you have traveled? This is a REALLY HARD QUESTION because traveling is kind of my passion. I think it’s a tie between Japan and Ireland. Both hold a very dear place in my heart.
- Sweet or savory? Savory- Sweet you get full of, but savory can just go on and on and on and on…#gluttonFTW
Next up is from Brianna:
- Why did you start your blog? I felt like I couldn’t find many cruelty free blogs, and I wanted to add my voice to the mix.
- What percentage of your make up stash is cruelty free? 95%- I’m not at 100 yet, but I hope to be by the end of 2014 if I can finish up some products in my collection!
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Drink a tall glass of ice cold water, rev up that metabolism!
- Heels or flats? Flats 4 life
- What’s your favorite make up brand? GYAAA this is tough… it was Tarte, but then they got picked up by a non-cruelty free parent company…I think it’s a tie between Too Faced and Bite Beauty right now.
- What’s your favorite skin care brand? I’m actually super impressed with Acure Organics, but I’m also loving Paula’s Choice.
- How many hours a week do you spend blogging? I’d say maybe 5-7
- What TV show are you currently watching? Modern Family, some anime shows, SNL….
- Morning or night and why? Night, because I’m a helluva nigth owl.
- Name two products that are always in your beauty routine? Concealer and eyebrow filler
- What celebrity’s make up inspires you? When Keira Knightly had that orange-red lipstick done by Lisa Eldridge… perfection!
Last, but certainly not least (and omg sorry to make you wait soo long!), Jane:
- Best view you’ve ever had? The night view of Hakodate in Japan was pretty breath-taking
- Your spirit animal: ❤ BIDDY! ❤ aka-cat
- Last meal on earth? miso ramen, extra green onion and bamboo shoots, with a side of gyoza
- Best documentary you’ve ever seen? I don’t watch many, so I don’t even know. ^^;;
- Favorite natural pick-me-up for when you’re feeling down? Natural… as in makeup? Or thing? Cause if I’m feeling down I like to take naps.
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten? Common sense isn’t so common.
- Favorite line from a song? The cold never bothered me anyways. Lol I kid, I kid! I really have too many, it all depends on the mood I’m in. One song that made me cry after listening to it was Panic at the Disco’s “This is Gospel”, not because I related to the exact scenario, but the story was so strong and I just felt compassionate towards it. Seriously a great song! ❤
- What you’re wearing when you feel top notch? Comfortable heels or wedges- they definitely perk up my confidence :3
- Book that changed you? She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb
- Your outlet is… karaoke. Belt. That. Shitt. OUT!
- Thing you’re most grateful for this year? That I’m out of HK and in Seattle, the town I wanna put roots down and grow old in ❤
And here are MY questions!
- Favorite Holiday?
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- Which Hogwarts House would you be sorted into?
- What food dish can you make without looking at the recipe?
- What’s one bad habit you’d like to break?
- Pet peeve?
- Your happiest memory:
- Your favorite blog post that you’ve written:
- If you could meet any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- Scary movie or Romance flick?
- One skill you wish you had:
YAY! Now I just gotta nominate some lovely bloggers! I choose Compassionate Beauty, Happy to be a Table of Two, Vegan Beauty, Andrea Elizabeth, and Cocktails & Crochet.
Plus- if my 33 questions and 11 random facts about me weren’t enough, I actually did a 50 Random Facts About Me tag on YouTube, feel free to check it out and see me rant in my old place in Hong Kong! Thanks again for all the love, and sticking with this long long LONG post all the way till the end! ❤