I feel really awkward doing my monthly Favs, Rage, and Craves in a blog instead of my usual video, but life has been hectic to say the least! We’re at the tail-end of moving, and homans…. that really is just a whole other story. To be blunt, February has been a very stressful and depressing time for me, so I didn’t have too much I was loving. Let’s just dive on in to the Favs, shall we?
- BWC Natural Mineral Eye Defining Pencil in “Soft Brown”- I barely wore -any- makeup in February (yes, even on Valentine’s day. It just wasn’t happening), but I do have to work in retail, and I feel like if I at least have my brows “on”, I’m looking okay. This pencil is so easy to use, and it’s a great match for my hair color. If you’re looking for a dark brown that isn’t warm, this is your pencil!
- Primal Pit Paste deoderant stick in “Jacked-Up Jasmine”- I’ve talked about this natural deodorant before and raved about the “Thyme and Lemongrass” scent, but this Jasmine scent is AMAZING. It’s sooo light, and completely fights any odor from your pits. I’ve heard this has landed in select Whole Foods, but you can get it off Amazon or their own website.
- Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser- this was actually in my FsRCs back in December, but this stuff is just that darn good. It smells flippin’ AMAZING (sweet, slightly floral and even ginger-y, hoomans). This stuff is definitely a treat, and I really needed that for February. It’s kind of weird how they suggest using it, where you would apply on to damp skin. I’ve been using it a different way and have been getting better results- apply DIRECTLY on to dry skin and massage in. It will turn from a gel to an oil, and then you can rinse away with warm water, where it turns kind of “milky”. Trust me, you’ve gotta get your hands on a sample at least. I used it once in a sample sachet while I was on vacation and immediately I was hooked! The good news is Tata Harper is now available on Sephora.com, so it’s a little more accessible, hurray!
- Tata Harper Reparative Moisturizer- When I ordered the Purifying Cleanser, I also ordered a ton of other samples that were available from the site, and this moisturizer was in a sample set. I’ve been an face-oil-gal for night time moisturizer for soo long that I didn’t think I would be converted soo easily. Yet lo and behold, this stuff is fantastic. I just use one pump after my cleansing routine in the evening, and I’m set to go. The scent is just as fantastic as the cleanser, just not as strong, and it sinks into the skin and feels moist. It doesn’t feel heavy at all, and it has never clogged up my pores in the morning. Tread with caution though beauty-lover, I just checked the price of the full-sized bottle and it retails at $100 for 1.7 oz…. O.O()()()
- Wet n’ Wild Fergie lipstick in “Bebot Love”- To be honest, I didn’t eve wear this color much in February. I think for the entire month, I only wore it… 4 times? But that’s 4 more times than any other lipstick in my collection, because this was the only color to come out. I’m telling ya, I just wasn’t feelin’ makeup for February. Still, this is a lovely color, and it lived in my purse cosmetic pouch, just for those days at work where I wanted to get a little fancy-fancy.
BWC pencil, Wet n Wild “Bebot Love”
If you couldn’t guess what my Rage would be for this month, well surprise surprise- it’s moving. Moving SUCKS! We thought we were going to be in our apartment for at least 3 years, but they yearly increase went up 26% just after one, and that’s just something we couldn’t afford. We were biting our nails and searching in every neighborhood we could think of, and in the eleventh hour we finally had an option that was do-able. Once you know where you’ll have a roof over your head, the rest is incredibly less stressful. It’s just those days or weeks where apartment after apartment doesn’t work out, THAT becomes the worst. Oh, and it sucks when you’re ready to sign a contract and you’re moving as fast as you can but then someone puts their application MINUTES before yours. Just…. *sigh*. This is probably the 4th time we’ve moved in the past 5 years? We’re soo ready to settle down, but we just have to find the right place and get ready to that commitment. Ugh, being an adult is hard.
Lastly, and on to happier things, my Crave for March. It’s just one item, and I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I can get this! March is my birthday month (the 18th, so I can celebrate drunkenly back-to-back with St. Pattys, huzzah!), and I want to get the limited edition Bite Beauty lipstick for the month of March. They’ve started this program at the beginning of this year, and they have a unique shade they’ll release at the beginning of each month, and it’s on a first-come first-serve basis, so they sell out really quickly. It’s all through Sephora, and it comes at a pretty hefty price-tag ($36, versus the regular Luminous Creme lipsticks retailing at $24, yeesh!). It’s kind of hilarious because I don’t even know what the color is going to be, but I’m gunning for it! Wish me luck!
Alright, back to packing boxes. I hope you all are doing well, thanks for dealing with my extreme MIA, but hopefully after the first week of March, things will start to normalize and get back on track!