What I left out while moving
Exciting title, am I right? ^^;; So if you’re reading this, I am probably carrying boxes and unpacking in my new place. As I was going through all my things, once I hit my makeup collection I realized a couple things: “Holy Crap I have THIS MUCH?”, “What all do I really need?”, “WHY DO I HAVE THIS MUCH MAKEUP?!”, etc. The most important question out of the three is definitely what would I need to keep out of storage when moving from once place to another, and this is my answer. Nothing too exciting, but these are either tried-and-true products and some that I’m just trying to get rid of. ** There is a product in here that isn’t CF, and trust me I know, I’m just trying to use it up 😉
- Becca Dual Coverage compact concealer – this little guy is perfect for hiding any under-eye bags, and a little goes a long way.
- Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer/blush- my #1 tried-and-true product, this just gives enough color to my cheeks to make me look alive and glowy.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance- I’m running really low on my e.l.f. shadow primer, so this one is next in line to use up. Works well, but I am noticing a little seperation when I squeeze product out. Sometimes it’s creamy, sometimes it has an extra “oil”? Hmm…
- Too Faced Bulletproof Brows in “Universal Brown”- Can you tell I like Too Faced? This is my holy grail eyebrow pomade. Just include brush and spoolie and you’re set to go!
- Physicians Formula felt-tip black eyeliner- I’ve had some ups and downs with this product, but I wanted to keep it out just in case I needed a little feline flick. One day before we officially move we’re going to an orchestral concert (for Zelda, hehehee!), and I may wanna get jazzed up a little bit!
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation- this is the offending product that is not cruelty free, but I 1- wanted to use it up ASAP, and 2- would not be heartbroken if it got lost in the move. If you’re new to my blog, I did a crazy-intensive research and found plenty of evidence why they’re not cruelty free, which you can check out here .
- e.l.f. translucent powder- this is all thanks to my Youtube gal pal Marianna, she introduced me to the powder-before-foundation technique, and it is my go-to if I want a perfect face that will last all day. Seriously, check out her video here and give it a try, it is pretty amazing!
- Urban Decay Naked 2 palette- I can’t deny that these shadows in the Naked line are effin’ amazing, and that this palette has been severely neglected. It has everything I need for everyday looks and fancy occasions, so it was just a matter of time until I pulled this back out of my stash. Plus the dual-ended brush is perfect if you don’t want too many extra things out and about.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness creme- I can’t be without this product any more, it has officially hit holy grail status. Any redness around the nose, under the chin, or on any acne scars, this works BEAUTIFULLY ON. Just… soo much love for this.
look at the bendy BENDYNESS of the camera- good golly! But a look into some of the products~
It Cosmetics Live Beauty Fully brush #206, Real Techniques Blush brush, It Cosmetics #103 concealer brush
A girl has to have her brushes too, right? I tried not to pick too many, but my bare essentials are:
- It Cosmetics Live Beauty Fully Buffing Mineral Powder Brush #206- Don’t be fooled- this brush can do more than just powder. It’s my brush of choice when I buff in any liquid foundation as well. It doesn’t “eat up” any product, and it just leaves an effortless finish.
- Real Techniques Blush Brush- This has become my favorite blush brush, what more is there to say?
- It Cosmetics Airbrush Blurring Concealer Brush #103- For any type of concealing, I make sure to go in with this brush after initially blending the product with my fingers to make sure everything is laying evenly. Fluffy and dense, this brush is a newer necessity of mine.
No eyelash curlers, mascara, highlighter/contour, OR lipstick *gasp*. I keep one lipstick in my purse at all times, and that’s just going to be my one for the rest of the move. When it comes down to bare necessities, this is it. And if I fail… I know where my bin of makeup is, hehe! Don’t even get me started on skin care though… I doubt I’ll pack any of that up until the night before the big move. ^^;;